Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard
Transform your HSS Stratocaster into the powerhouse of your dreams with our HSS Prewired Strat Pickguard. Instantly achieve world-class Fralin tone and discover what you’ve been missing. Expertly crafted using the highest-quality materials possible, we guarantee that our HSS Prewired Strat Pickguard will inspire you for years to come.
Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard INFO:
Want to learn more about our Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard? Here's all the information you'll need:
Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard FEATURES:
At Fralin Pickups, we’re always trying to make you sound your best. With our Prewired HSS Pickguard, you can rest assured that you will have the best-sounding pickups available, with the highest-quality parts on the market. And the best part? You get to design it. We guarantee that the unique tone and look will continue to empower you to sound your best.
- Designed by you, expertly crafted by us: the ultimate “Build Your Own” Stratocaster Pickguard
- USA-Made pickups & electronics for superior quality and tone
- Hand-wired with USA-Made vintage cloth lead for a traditional look
- Fully customize your appearance, tone, and wiring for a truly personalized HSS Strat Pickguard
- Hand-assembled signed and dated by our pickguard craftsman
- Backed by our 10-year warranty on materials and craftsmanship
Sound & Look
You get to design your Prewired HSS Pickguard to your liking, from the ground up. Choose your desired pickups, pickguard look, and wiring. Are you confused about any of the options? Contact Us, and we’ll walk you through it. To help you get started, here are some popular combinations that are guaranteed to sound amazing:
- Blues Special Neck & Middle, Pure PAF Bridge
- Vintage Hot Neck & Middle, Pure PAF Bridge
- Vintage Hot Neck & Middle, Big Single 42 Bridge
- Steel Pole 42 Neck & Middle, Pure PAF Bridge
- Steel Pole 43 Neck & Middle, Modern PAF Bridge
HSS Strat Pickguards can sound a bit daunting, as getting Single Coils and Humbuckers to play nicely can be tricky. Rest assured, we’ll help you craft your dream pickguard and work some magic behind the scenes to ensure all positions are inspiring.
CHOOSE YOUR PICKGUARD:
Our USA-Made Pickguards are some of the best in the industry and will fit most Strats*. These are USA-Made standard 11-hole Stratocaster pickguards. We have them available in the following styles and colors for HSS:
- White – 3 Ply
- Parchment (aged white) – 3 Ply
- Black – 3 Ply
- White Pearloid – 4 Ply
- Tortoiseshell – 4 Ply
- White Pearloid – 4 Ply
- Parchment Pearloid – 4 Ply
*Be sure to check your Stratocaster to make sure how many mounting holes you have
CHOOSE YOUR KNOB AND COVER COLOR:
We have White, Parchment (Aged White), Mint Green, and Black covers and Knobs available. Note: we only have plastic knobs available.
We have a ton of add-ons available for your pickguard. Want to coil-split your bridge pickup? How about our Volume Kit? Need new pickguard screws? Just let us know!
Complete your look with a matching backplate for your Strat. We have matching backplates for all of our pickguard colors.
Truly personalize your Strat by customizing your wiring! Here’s when you can choose how you want your Strat to act and feel. As a starting point, let’s break down a Standard Stratocaster Wiring Scheme:
- Master Volume
- Neck & Middle Tone (0.2 Cap)
- Bridge Tone (0.2 Cap)
If you would like to customize this at all, consider adding one of our Push-Pull Pot Mods, or the Blender Pot instead of a Bridge Tone. We also have push-pull pot modifications available!
Push Pull Volume Kit:
This modification engages the volume kit when you pull up. It’s great if you like the Volume Kit mod, but want to choose when you want to engage it.
The Bright Switch puts your guitar into “Turbo Mode” when pulled up. It basically connects your pickups directly to the output jack. It does not work on 500K pots.
This coil-split will split your Humbucker in the Bridge position. Splitting your humbucker will leave you with the Screw Coil, and send the Slug Coil to Ground.
Two-Tone Cap Push-Pull Mod:
Pretty self-explanatory! Select up to two-tone caps, and choose which one you want to use.
Please use the “Notes” field on the checkout screen to let us know which cap you want in the “Down” position, and which cap you want in the “Up” position.
- How long will my Pickguard take? Since we’re building it from scratch, give us about 7-10 days to put it together. We will always try to get it out beforehand.
- Can you wire it up without the Pickguard? As it turns out, No. You can purchase an inexpensive pickguard, and you can pull out all the wiring once you receive it to put it in your pickguard. It’s just too time-consuming and unsafe to ship without a solid pickguard holding everything together.
- Can I return my Pickguard? No. Since these are so custom and made to order, all pickguard sales are final, and not available for exchange or return.
- What output should I choose? For simplicity, we’re keeping out outputs the stock outputs, but you can always request something different. Let us know in the notes field.
- What Pots should I use? Most of the time, 250K Split Shaft pots will work best for guitars with single-coil pickups and plastic knobs. If you have metal knobs at home, go with Solid Shaft Pots.
- What if I don’t see what I want? Use the “Notes” field on the checkout screen to type in any special requests. Use this field to describe how you want it wired as well if you wish to have anything customized. We’ll make it to your specs.
- What does a Magic Cap do? Our Magic Cap is a very low capacitance tone cap. It doesn’t roll off highs as much as it seems to boost the mids. This works well on the bridge pickup only.
- What does a Blender Pot do? Our Blender Pot takes the place of Tone #2, and it allows you to blend between the Neck and Bridge. You can get all three pickups on with a Blender Pot.
- Why don’t I see Ground Jumper wires between all my parts? Our pickguards have a metal shielding that connects all of the metal parts; thus we don’t need to use jumper wires.
Check out our installation guide below to put your new pickguard in! With 20 minutes a few easy steps, you can get your pickguard in your guitar and start rocking out with some of the best sounding pickups in the world!
Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard? Ask it here. Your Question will be publically visible.
If you want to ask a Private Question, please contact us through our Contact Us Form.
If you have multiple questions, please call us at (804) 358-2699.
I'm contemplating a blues special/blues special/P92 combo. Is that possible and any feedback on whether that would be a good way too work in some P90 tones?
Q I'm contemplating a blues special/blues special/P92 combo. Is that possible and any feedback on w...... Read moreA
Hey Roger, this should be a great combination! The P-92 is a great way to get a cleaner, more "polite" P90 tone.
I am a bass player and at this point can’t actually play guitar. I do own an American Strat that came as a “Roland Ready”, with a setup to connect a synth and a thin pickup right at the bridge. I plan to remove all the electronics and set aside for whenever/if-ever I sell this. I wasn’t to do one of your HSS pre-wired pick guards, but I feel like I need a consult before I order as I do not know much about what would be best for what I thi...
Q I am a bass player and at this point can’t actually play guitar. I do own an American Strat that ...... Read moreA
Hey Richard, give us a call anytime to have someone walk you through the options!
I need help before I pull the trigger and order hahaha... help! Long story short, I have a Mexi Strat (SSS) I LOVE, but it just can't hang(for obvious reasons) with my Ibanez guitars (Dimarzio Tone Zone/Air Norton setups) in a live setting I'm looking for suggestions (I can't find any higher gain stuff on the web) on prewired pickguard/combos that could allow me to finally play this guitar live. Thinking Yngwie/Paul Gilbert tone, but able to pull...
Q I need help before I pull the trigger and order hahaha... help! Long story short, I have a Mexi S...... Read moreA
Hey Kyle, I think it would be smart to think twice before going with us over DiMarzio. They specialize in very high gain pickups, while we specialize in more of a Vintage output. While we have High Output pickups, they are going to be a bit smoother than what you're used to. That said, if you were going with a SSS pickguard, I would certainly recommend our High Outputs with a Baseplate on the Bridge (500K pots). If you were going with our SSS ...Read more
Heads Up! Asking a question here will be public to all users of this site.
Hey! Did you already ask a question on our Contact Us Form? Don't ask it again here. Please be patient while we get back to you.
Reviews we worked hard for, and are proud of.
"I own a 2018 Fender American Elite HSS Strat that I considered selling as I just didn't care for the sound the stock pickups provided. The guitar featured Fender's S1 and "passing lane" switches and in theory it's a very versatile instrument. Except I truly thought it sounded terrible. But the guitar was beautiful and I decided to upgrade it with Lindy's pre-wired HSS pickguard. I wish I would have done it sooner since she mostly just sat in the closet for the past 3 1/2 years. To be sure this is an expensive upgrade; but the quality, service and advice from Lindy's folks and most importantly the sound of his pickups is worth every penny to me. I actually have two other guitars with Fralin pickups so I know how special they are. I ordered the pickguard using the on-line form and within a day or so received an email asking to clarify a couple of things. I play mostly classic rock and blues with this guitar and they suggested I install their Blues Specials in the neck and middle positions and a Pure PAF in the bridge. Once the order got to the shop I received a phone call from Zack, who had a few suggestions based on my component selections and how I would be playing to make sure I would get the most useful product. Zack was a great guy btw. The communication from Fralin was excellent and the pickguard was completed quicker than I expected. It is exactly as I hoped. The work is immaculate. The layout is perfect and most importantly the guitar frickin' rips! It is far more versatile now than it was out of the factory. I ordered mine with a coil split for the PAF and a blender pot. And a few other add ons. I simply could not be happier with my Fralin Strat! Get one and transform your strat."
NOTES ON COLOR:
- Please note that while we strive to provide the most accurate color representation possible, different computer monitors, manufacturer dye lots, and other circumstances may prevent the color from matching perfectly.
- Since we cannot guarantee color matching, we cannot provide a return to you if you are unhappy with the color matching of our Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard.
- Our parts and wire lengths are designed to work seamlessly with our Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard. Due to various guitar and instrument designs, we cannot guarantee that our parts will fit properly, and due to this, we do not offer Wiring Harnesses.