Take the tone of your Jazzmaster to the next level with a set of Fralin Jazzmaster Pickups. We have two winding options: choose between clean and clear to thick and beefy. All USA-Made, assembled & wound by hand.
Upgrade Your Offset.
Want to learn more about our Jazzmaster? Here's all the information you'll need:
You know the tone of the famous Jazzmaster. Its unique pickup design gives the guitar a completely unique sound. Unlike a Tele or a Strat, the Jazzmaster is famous for having a large, flat coil, and shorter magnets. These unique attributes change the tonal characteristics of this pickup. To give our pickups a balance of clarity and output, we hand-build and wind them using our “sectioning” technique.
- Original Fender specifications, with modern output
- Clean and clear, lots of Fender sparkle and twang
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Two magnet staggers available for different fingerboard radiuses
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
You can expect a larger-than-life, thick tone that is well-balanced across the spectrum. Expect enhanced clarity, definition, and pick-attack. Lows are loud and clear. Highs have a round top-end, without the sharpness found in other guitars. Single notes will have a nice, solid sonic footprint without sounding thin. We use 42-gauge Heavy Formvar wire and AlNiCo V magnets to give this pickup a beefy, thick tone that you will love. Depending on which output you choose, the tone will change. If you want the cleanest tone, opt for Stock output. If you want something a little darker and thicker, go for the +5% Output.
It all starts here: Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. These Jazzmaster Pickups consist of local fiberboard and USA-Made Alnico 5 Magnets. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
|Neck Ohm Reading:||7.4K|
|Bridge Ohm Reading:||8.4K|
|Neck Polarity:||Clockwise Coil Direction, South To Strings|
|Bridge Polarity:||Counter-Clockwise Coil Direction, North To Strings|
|Magnets:||USA-Made Alnico 5|
|Wire:||USA-Made 42-Gauge Formvar / USA-Made 42-Gauge SPN|
|Recommended Pot Value:||250K, 500K, 1Meg*|
* Traditionally, 1Meg pots are installed on Jazzmasters. That said, one can use any pot value with this pickup, depending on the brightness you want.